RMA was selected to provide consultancy services to the Asian Development Bank for the USD 120 million loan to be disbursed in Sri Lanka from 2016.
The project will support,
- Renewable energy development, comprising new hybrid renewable energy systems in small isolated islands, productive energy use for small isolated islands and rural communities, and a renewable energy based microgrid pilot project.
- Building new 33 kV distribution lines to improve reliability of supply to existing and new electricity customers.
- Building new rural electrification schemes and extensions to existing low voltage lines to serve new household customers, inclusive of an energy auditing initiative.
- Installation of reactive power management devices at Pannipitiya and Biyagama grid substations in order to improve the provision of reactive power closer to load centers in Western Province and to improve the reliability of the transmission system in the event of disturbances.
RMA conducted the technical, economic and financial assessment of each component of the project proposed by the Ceylon Electricity Board. Social and environmental safeguards documents in accordance with ADB guidelines, too, were prepared.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- 2015 - 2016
- Due Diligence on Energy Sector Projects